Wednesday 3 September 2008

Spiked Armadillo Juice

The first thing I knew were my legs going numb,
That holiday in Mexico, when tequila and I
Made friends and swore we’d never part.
You said that it was normal, a low level toxin
In the blood of the Armadillo, a quaint local
Curiosity that every tourist must experience
Once in the their small insignificant lives.
The feeling spread, you took me to my room,
And lay me out, as I complained of stiffness,
In joints that had not risen in years.
You said it was another side effect,
A happy reminder of why I was the man
You had come to love and intended to love.
I could do nothing for my arms had lost the will
That had once been further south, as you undressed
Me, as you had also spiked my armadillo juice.

Grayson Ellis (c) 2008
From ‘Spiked Armadillo Juice’

No comments: